Twenty Seventh

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul."
     ~Samuel Ullman

Project: Live

    Age is just a number as what most people say, but with a height and physique and face like mine, most, if not all, mistakenly guess my age ranging from eighteen to twenty four. Wow, nine years younger the most? That is quite an interesting, if not shocking, heck of a guess!

     Age is just a number. It is with experience and maturity that defines age though. Gone are the days when all I think about is my self-centered self, divulging obsessively on things and plans and everything that only involved me.

     I have come to that age where I have to choose priorities far beyond satisfying myself. I realized that I now work hard for the money not for myself and a once hard-earned future with someone anymore but for dear people who need them most now. The past year's mishaps were eye-openers as well as challenges that which made me choose the more important things to keep, and sacrifice some of my own happiness for their expense. Oh how I realized that I am stronger than I thought I was.

     Not to be mistaken though with the things above, I am happy now. Not the happy-carefree kind, but happy that I can help in the family even for a bit. The happy-carefree me is still a work in process, but I know I'll get there. Time has always been my friend.

Comments