The Amateur's Kitchen - Bagnet Aglio Olio Pasta

“It’s healthy to spend some time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person once in awhile.”
  ~ Unknown
        Project: Eat


   
    I have the house on solo for a week now, and somehow thinking of, well, some things are inevitable - like living the solitary lifestyle and the good that it brings, and wondering, what if I lived unattached?

    There is something about being single that excites me now as much as loathing it before. The fleeting feeling of confidence and freedom... of doing a lot of things I have been dying to do that I could not do while being in a relationship before. I am now somehow saved from discouragements, from all the disparaging comments I used to get that which brought my self-esteem so low. Exhausting it was, must I say, to feel unsupported by the one you thought should support you all the way just when you needed your partner the most. I am on my way to finding my true self.

    Oh anyway, back to the house on solo, since most chores are in my responsibility now, here's a little simple meal to get me energized for the tiring household chores.


Bagnet Aglio Olio Pasta

Linguine or any pasta
Bagnet, fried, reserve drippings
Olive Oil
Chopped 4 cloves of Garlic
Chopped 1 small red Chili
Pitted Olives
Dried Basil
Garlic Powder
Salt n' Pepper
a dash of lemon juice


Cook pasta according to package directions. 

Heat bagnet oil drippings and olive oil on saucepan. Cook garlic and chili until brown but not burned. Add in pitted olives. Season with dried basil, garlic powder, salt n' pepper to taste. Toss in cooked pasta. Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with sliced bagnet on the side.

Comments