Pink Sisters

"Jesus has made Himself the Bread of Life to give us life. Night and day, He is there. If you really want to grow in love, come back to the Eucharist, come back to that Adoration."
               - Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Project: Pray

I had two childhood dreams. One was to be a doctor where Mom and I wished to come true through a wishing bone, and two, to be a nun. Neither of them fulfilled.

Credits to http://mercifulmother.yolasite.com/photocontestentry27.php



This is the Convent of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Baguio City, more popularly known as the Pink Sisters convent. Besides all the pink that surrounds this building, this is one of my most chosen place of adoration because of its solemnity and serenity.

I have had several encounters in this adoration chapel, most mainly due to heavy needs. Once in my board review days in Baguio, I had to accompany Tita Mela for a minor surgical procedure for the removal of her breast cyst. It was diagnosed as malignant at the time. I saw Tita's eyes fill with tears as we headed straight to this convent after. Hers might have been prayers to save her from this deceiving disease. Mine were prayers for my young cousins. For some reason as we headed out, there was this fleeting feeling of hope that Tita will surpass this. And she did.

I went up to Baguio again yesterday to meet a lessor. This gave me the chance to pay another visit in this pink convent after a few years. I did not pray for specific needs this time. I only prayed for gratitude and guidance.

Adoration as well as devoting even minutes of free time have been part of my routine. Night vespers in the adoration chapel have been an occasional habit. Somehow, fulfilling this devotion need me not to be a nun after all.

Comments