The Bucket List

"My pastor always says our lives are streams flowing into the same river towards whatever heaven lies in the mist beyond the falls. Find the joy in your life, Edward. My dear friend, close your eyes and let the waters take you home."
         ~ Carter Chambers, The Bucket List


Project: Live


   Back when I was little, I had three wishes I hoped to do before I die - to see an actual dolphin, watch shooting stars, and travel out of the country.


   One of them wishes was fulfilled when we had this spontaneous family vacation at Ocean Adventure in Subic last June 2011. Oh how excited was I when I finally had a touch of them. I still wanted to try swimming alongside my most favorite creatures but that can wait. Seeing them the least was one of the happiest moments I've been. Finally, I saw my glow-in-the-dark dolphin stickies come to life!

   I still have two to achieve, the shooting stars and the plane ride to nowhere. As for the latter, I am crossing my fingers for late this year.

   Now how can I fulfill the shooting stars... 


   Anyway, Kat came up with the idea of making our to-do bucket list too during a not-so-spontaneous frolic in the lush greeneries of La Union's Botanical Garden.

   We came up with ten wishes, those written on the photo above. Most, realistic. We don't want to end up regretting on not doing something that's out of reach.

   The idea of this bucket list is something therapeutic. It gives me something to look forward to, something to divert my attention to positivity rather than bury myself on regretting much about unfulfilled plans. The enthusiasm it gives on wishing and the joy it brings once they are fulfilled are something I look forward to.

   Either way, fulfilled or unfulfilled, they ignite the high hopes in me - the strong aspiration of seeking happiness that I almost lost during the two-week hiatus I did on Facebook.

   Come to think of it somehow, like waters traveling on streams and rivers or any bodies of water abound, I should flow on any direction the water path may lead me. Being lost, that is a possibility. But I will still end up on only one destination - the sea. It is how I choose the path to which I know I should traverse on to get to it, and enjoy every journey on the path I chose to travel on.

   Still, I wish to see them shooting stars...

Comments

  1. excited to put a tick mark on every last one of them! haha. alin jan pwede natin unahin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually want to do all of them na hahaha! But with my August schedules, the photoshoot is the most doable. Haha! Whatcha think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment