The Amateur's Kitchen - Tuna Puttanesca

Project: Eat.


    Ah, this Puttanesca. This brings me back to my Ilocos coffee days... Tribeccan coffee sips, this overly sour pasta, and my good ol' laptop friend that kept me company during those solitary days. I'd sit around Tribecca alone for hours taking advantage of the free internet connection and call someone I used to be friends with. Somehow this place, their coffee, and this pasta were so dear I'd have to go for de-stressing during the weekends when I had to stay up North.

   The sourness of it... Ah! This gives me über freedom to don in lots and lots of cheese. No limits!

Tuna Puttanesca

Linguine
olive oil
butter
diced garlic
diced onion
diced bell pepper
1 can tuna flakes in oil
sliced olives
1 can diced tomatoes
1 sachet tomato paste
tomato sauce
dried basil
salt n' pepper
cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. On a pan, heat olive oil and butter. Saute in garlic 'til golden. Add onion and bell pepper to sweat. Toss in tuna flakes, olives, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and sauce and simmer for minutes. Sprinkle in dried basil, salt and pepper to taste. Top with grated cheese of your choice.

Comments