Solo Flight

     "When I travel alone, what I learn about is myself. I learn about my own strengths, and I learn about my own weaknesses and insecurities. I’ve never come home from a trip feeling anything less than a better, stronger person."
           ~ Tyler Tervooren

Project: Eat and Live

     It is a rather breezy, drizzling Baguio night, and here I am in a quaint cafe called Sucrecielo just across St. Vincent Ferrer Church sipping a frothy White Peppermint Mocha Latte and devouring plates of Chicken Carbonara and Crab Rangoon puffs... All. By. Myself. (Huwag judgmental, gutom ako, hehe.) Ah, these are the days when you can silently scream, "THIS IS THE LIFE!"

     Been a long time since the last solo flight. Could have been years ago, and yes, the introvert in me craved for "me" time. There is a different kind of bliss that I gain in solitude, something far more satisfying than downing one Oreo cookie dunked in milk. Why have only one when you can have the whole pack to yourself? Doubles the treat, multiplies the satisfaction! 

     Don't get me wrong though. While this sounds a bit selfish, the realization that you know what you want and your want does not depend on other else's wants is liberating. We will never really be done with the "finding myself" stage. It is an inevitable feat, a race without a finish line. The achievement always lies on the manner of gaining what you've always wanted, and in my case, getting something I wanted alone. Still, I want more.

     So yeah, back to the Oreo cookie. This quaint cafe has five cookie flavors on its shelf. One was a very tempting Oreo-stuffed cookie. I drooled over the look of chocolate chips and soft cookie dough wrapping that delectable Oreo cookie. However, the other four were enticing by themselves - a classic choco chip cookie, a favorite white choco matcha flavored one, a gooey double chocolate, and a nutty oatmeal cookie. I wanted to settle for a single cookie to satisfy the sweet tooth craving, but...

     Guess what I got for myself! Haha!


Comments