The Amateur's Kitchen - Pan-seared Scallops with Peppers and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto on Linguine

Project: Eat


 
     I got the insomnia attack again earlier at dawn; must be due to over-thinking about some random stuff last night. Or maybe missing someone again. I missed the kitchen at this point. For some reason I needed someone badly to talk to instead. Thank God Sandy was still awake. She is the perfect one to have chit-chats about this kind o' stuff.

     On a lighter note, I got these scallops from Kuya Nestor that were freshly bought so cheap in Damortis. Cleaning them was gruelingly done almost forever!

     
     I had these jewels combined with half a bottle of the leftover Sun-dried Tomato Pesto I snagged from Phil from a recent get-together with some of the closest friends. How I miss doing this overnight get-together, wishing the day didn't end.


     These were perfect ingredients for this distressed lass, who is alone again at home and whose kitchen is darn ready for another mess, este, good ol' pasta cooking.


Pan-seared Scallops with Peppers and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto on Linguine

Pasta Linguine
Scallops
1/4 block of butter
olive oil
dried basil
red bell pepper, julienned
cloves of garlic, chopped
sun-dried tomato pesto
tomato paste
lemon juice
garlic powder

salt n' pepper
grated Parmesan cheese


Cook pasta according to package directions.

Clean scallops, pat to dry. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.

On a skillet, melt in some butter and olive oil combined. Coat one side of the scallop with dried basil then sear, coated part first, til lightly browned. Turn and cook evenly. Set aside.

On the same skillet, add the rest of the butter and olive oil. Saute in garlic til lightly browned. Add bell peppers. Mix in sun-dried tomato pesto, tomato paste, lemon juice, garlic powder, dried basil, salt and pepper, and scallops.

Toss in cooked pasta, plate, and garnish with grated cheese.

Comments

  1. my trick to cleaning scallops is to skewer one side with your flattest knife. Keep on skewering until one side comes loose. After that, the other one it's easier to handle. This looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for the tip! I had all 35 frozen scallops cleaned in about an hour lol! We should have a get together soon too, and les cook! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's do that! I want a cooking get-together. Or bbq get-together. Whatever works. hehe!
    Nadeactivate mo na FB mo? I do that a lot. hehe. I don't know. Being on FB kasi makes you feel bad about certain things or makes you feel paranoid. Kaya a few months ago nagtanggal ako friends maski yung mga kakilala ko. I use FB these days pero naka for friends only lang mga posts ko. Kasi nga di ba I post a lot of photos. I don't want to shove my photos down their throat and make them think na I'm vain and ang arte ko. yun yung mentality ko dati. I was afraid of doing a lot of stuff kasi I don't want to be branded. Most people from FB kasi eh ganun di ba. Now, I just post whatever I like and if they don't like what they're seeing, they're free to unfriend me. Tas ang dami pa from FB who will take some things you say out of context. Yun bang magsabi ka lang ng opinion mo eh parang evil ka na. Kaya I like blogging more kasi it's your personal space. You can say whatever you like and wala kokontra. And the blogging community is friendlier. Why you decided to deactivate pala your FB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, China Sea offers condos with cooking facilities naman. I just don't like the beach there! I'm not sure with San Juan. Sana we can have one weekend too! ^.^
      As for the FB stuff, I feel you. I have become an open book at FB. Anyway it's a temporary stint. I'll come back once I get the need to. I'm opening my other account that i created a year ago and start anew pero I'll get back to the former one once I'm ready. Erm, if you know what I mean...
      Missing you lots Kat-chan! ^.^

      Delete
    2. I don't like it there either. Sana makapag get together din tayo like before. Oo you just take a break from FB for a while. Actually masasanay ka din wala FB. Sa una parang you feel the need to check it. Withdrawal ba. pero after a few days okay na. feeling mo nakakahinga ka maluwag. haha! I wanted to start anew then dati pero sabi ni Myk sayang naman daw. kaya yun nagclean up na lang ako ng friends list. and now hindi ko na rin maituloy kasi naka admin yung FB ko for work stuff. Missing you too! Hope you update your blogger regularly para we can still catch up.

      Delete
    3. I actually did that a year ago and it helped, the deactivation. So yeah I presume it will help me too now. I have been sucked up by FB lol, masyado akong maraming bad experiences na. I need a breather.
      Anyway I'll be at least active here, but more on my tumblr blog since it's easier to post stuff there. Maybe within the month I'll be back too. I'll add you on my other account too to communicate easier in case we need a meet-up haha! ^.^

      Delete

Post a Comment