6:31

The blend of azure, indigo and pale orange skies is hazy on this cold and foggy daybreak. Apart from the crescent moon jeweling the dawn, cirrus clouds painted the heavens… its thin wisps pointing to that gleaming ray of sunlight from the shy sun peeking out from the eastern mountain peaks.

I stared at that crescent moon wondering why it was still visible at a time like this. I stared long and hard, waiting for it to fade as the heavens turned sky blue. My attention was cut off as the conductor handed me my ticket. At a glance back to the heavens, the moon was gone.

So will you. So will you in days i can only guess.

But like the moon that wanes at daybreak, I know you will return at the crack of twilight. You with your illuminance so bright, radiantly shining, standing out from all the glittering stars surrounding us. You whom i will stare at long enough before you fade once more.

I know you will return. I know you will.

Comments

Post a Comment