The Amateur's Kitchen - Strawberry-Banana Ice Cream Cake (Mama's Third Birthday)

"I can do all things through him who gives me strength."
~ Philippians 4:13

Project: Eat, Pray, and Live

Mama celebrates her third birthday today. Not fifty-plus, you ask?

Her first was when she was conceived by Antonia.

Her second was in September 2012. I could remember heading straight to Metro Vigan Cooperative Hospital's emergency room after mama's admittance due to myocardial infarction. She nearly left us when she acquired Sepsis on her three-week stay there.

Her third was in February 2016. She underwent a Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair in January 2016. While her operation was successful, she suffered Pericardial Effusion a week after the surgery. A Pericardiocentesis was supposed to be done only, where a needle will be inserted through the chest and a catheter will be advanced into the fluid to be suctioned out. However, the catheter hit her heart, losing a liter of blood. Another chest incision had to be done immediately to save her.

So you see, our mama already had two rebirths. If there was any real Catwoman, we would claim she is the one! Kidding aside though, our mama is a strong-willed woman, a fighter of all sorts, and whose absolute faith remained untarnished despite every adversity that could have questioned her trust. These traits saved her.

On another note, since today is mama's special birthday, I made a special cake that could have been one of my most grueling but worth-it desserts. The banana part was a mess and needs to be improved big time (I blame that on the blender - he failed me), but I know what to do next time I make it.

Oh, and I can't jot the recipe down. I had some experimentation I forgot how I did it! Let me share with you a photo of it instead. Hehe!


Comments