This 2012 Roller Coaster Ride

“At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.”
  ~ Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

Project: Live

     My 2012 journey was like picturing myself riding the Bizarro - bizarrely fast and scary, with all the insane twists and turns the weak at heart (literally) might not survive, but very adventurous and thrillingly exciting. I might have regretted riding it, but eventually might have enjoyed (or so I thought) the ride instead.

     I had a look at my 2012 Year in Review at Facebook as shown here: https://www.facebook.com/yearinreview/karen.ragudo and realized, everything happened so fast the past year...

     I took another chance on love and was on a high on its first few months, but had this fragile heart broken again after barely four months. I also had some surprises, ones that left me a bit bitter but somehow accepting.

     I had a lot of spontaneous and quick travels back and forth from Baguio several times, to Ilocos Norte towns, to Ilocos Sur towns, Alaminos, Bani, La Trinidad, Pampanga, the neighboring towns of La Union, and ultimately had one of my three items in my bucket list (and fortune) fulfilled - to travel out of the country. These travels have left my pocket holes open and wallets torn apart, but made me so fleetingly light and free! The liberation of a lone wanderer somehow excites me now. The only thing left unticked in my bucket list is the shooting stars! Oh how will I see you?

     We had relatives that came and went. The death of Inang Benita was the beginning of the story of my newborn niece Lalyt and nephew Dwyane, and Arianne.

     We nearly lost mommy from Sepsis some time in mid September. I had to stay with her in Vigan to take care of her for several days, leaving all the work in La Union. This was the scariest twist in the roller coaster, at the same time the bravest we might have gotten into.

     We learned that the Court of Appeals reversed its rule on Banco Filipino's reopening. While it is very much an expected move from the President and the courts, just the thought of having to lose this battle over BSP again is sickening. However, we (or rather the parents) are not after its reopening anymore. The damage it caused tarnishing the good name and reputation of my mom and dad and the rest of BF's unknowing employees is just unforgivable and have scarred them for life. Thankful though for a new venture and Philam Life, both the parents are now as busy as they used to be and are slowly keeping their pace again. The battle isn't over yet as the damages of BSP from its first illegal closure of BF in 1985 has not been settled. We keep our hopes high and patiently wait.

      I had several reunions that I attended to. I find them good, especially for unsolicited pieces of advice that actually help.

        If I have to choose between riding the Bizarro of 2012 again and quitting, I might choose the latter. Hell would I never dare ride this same roller coaster again! But if 2013 offers me the Millennium, I'd fearfully scream "Bring it on!" at the top of my lungs, secure my seat belts as tight as it should be, and brace myself for another insanely twisting and thrilling ride!


Comments