7:49 a.m.


"...Then I looked at the window and thought: Why, yes, it's just the rain, the rain, always the rain, and turned over, sadder still, and fumbled about for my dripping sleep and tried to slip it back on." 
          ~ Ray Bradbury


Project: Live


Trickles of raindrops on our neighbors’ rooftops woke me up today. Ah, that calming sound! I open my windows and pull my curtains out to reveal the sweet melancholic melody of raindrops as they hit the ground. Birds chirp alongside them, as if rhythmically they were made to rhyme.
I sit on my bed and in my blankets today listening to every trickle they make. Ah, that euphonic dismal sound! This pulls me back in bed, laid back and daydreaming as I watch them fall. Oh how they fall so light, so free… so brave.
Why do you not fail to send me on a solitary confinement, you bittersweet liquid sunshine? Always, always…

Comments