The Amateur's Kitchen - White Sauce Bacon on Linguine

Project: Eat and Live

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless." 
      ~Bill Watterson





(...As I write this, Papa, as always, visited me in my room and is having chit-chats with me again. I don't know why he keeps on coming here. Ay, distracted na ako. :p ) 

   I so love weekends! The middle-of-the-month weekends that is because the first and last weekends of the month are more often busy at work. These days are the perfect time for long 8-hour and up sleeps (to which sometimes I am very deprived of but most likely love it because I get to talk with my Sleepyhead lol), and do a lot of pointless (nah) home activities I always yearned to do. Extra time at last!

   Today's weekend isn't any different. I slept 9 hours, had a brief chat upon waking up with Sleepyhead (whose left palm had a box cutter cut and a staple wire stab at work, very lucky indeed, lol), got out of bed for Brunch, watched TV a little, spontaneously decided to cook pasta again just to update this blog and for snack since these Tres Marias did not eat lunch, had a try on the bendy rollers and sampled my locks with rough curls, and boxed in some of Mama's gazillion corporate clothes stuck in my closet...




   Very pointlessly productive! :)
 
   Anyway, here was the attempt on a white sauce based pasta a while ago...



White Sauce Bacon on Linguine


Linguine
Bacon
an onion bulb
cloves of garlic
butter
flour
milk
cream
garlic powder
salt n' pepper
grated cheese




Cook pasta according to package directions.


On a skillet, cook bacon 'til brown and crispy. Crumble, set aside and save bacon drippings. On the same pan, saute in minced onions and garlic. Add butter to melt, then gradually add flour stirring constantly to make a roux. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly until desired smoothness and consistency is achieved. Mix in cream and bacon bits. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.

Comments