Bookmark

"The air is clean after the rain - just like the heart after the pain."
                  ~ Ate Joan S. Ancheta

 Project: Live.


      Ms. Jo handed me this Taurus bookmark gift in the office on my birthday last May. After 6 months, as I flipped it over the very first time, later did I find that she had scribbled these short, inspiring words... flashbacks, and then a drop of tear fell.

      Six months ago, seven so to speak, it was as if my whole world had crashed - where I'd rather have myself buried in its deepest darkest trenches and shun every possibility of any saving act than see the lucid harsh realities of life. Every waking day was torture, every working day was tear-filled.
 

      Every decision was darn hard heartbreaking.

      Somehow, though, saving is inevitable. With one hand that left, a hundredfold outstretched theirs. With every pull from that dark abyss is a beam of light and a glimmer of hope that someday, if not the soonest, I may find clarity and accept a fate I once dreaded.


      The rains have long gone stopped but the clouds are still in their grayest. With the little whiffs of winds, all these grays shall someday be swept away and reveal the clearest and bluest of the heavens. For the meantime, I have my umbrella readied in case it pours again.

Comments