The Amateur's Kitchen - Honeyed Pesto Penne

Project: Eat.




     Oh no! No car for the day!

     Somehow this little aquamarine Avanza has been my best friend, and even if I had hurt him a lot of times on his bumper, side doors, rears, breaks, hand break, and the list goes on, it never left me. That feeling of companionship, that feeling of security - this little aquamarine Avanza gave me. I will never break up with him.

     Gah, on another note, I never had the opportunity to enjoy long weekend vacations! It always falls on either the last or first weeks of the month, and since I was in OSB way back in Ilocos and disbursements now in Cordillera, closing's always relied on me. Ah, konting tiis na lang Karen, ipon pa.

     So anyway, for pot lock lunch in the office later, I had this honeyed pesto to the taste-test. I have to clear out the refrigerator from these herbs, and the curiosity of having to add honey for a sweet kick had me going on this.

Honeyed Pesto Penne


Pasta Penne
half a bulb of garlic, peeled
salt n' pepper
a handful of basil leaves, chopped for easier grinding
a handful of parsley leaves, chopped for easier grinding
olive oil
grated cheddar or parmesan cheese
ground toasted cashews
the juice of half a lemon
honey
sliced garlic
chicken nuggets (optional)


Cook pasta according to package directions.

For the pesto, start on crushing a few cloves of garlic with salt and pepper on a mortar and pestle. Add in basil and parsley leaves and grind. Sprinkle a dash of olive oil, then add in honey, cheese and walnuts. Continue grinding while adding a dash of lemon juice and olive oil until desired consistency/texture is achieved.

On a pan, heat olive oil. Brown sliced garlic. Add in pesto 'til fragrant. Toss in cooked pasta and mix to coat.

Plate on with chicken nuggets as sidings.

Comments