Dolphins

"What sweet mystery about this sea, whose gentle stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath."
                                      - Melville
  Project: Live. 

     I have long been wishing to see actual dolphins my whole life. They only lived on my childhood collections before - figurines, stuffed toys, key chain, a pair of earrings, even a tattoo... 

   
   My favorite of all were my glow-in-the-dark bottle-nosed dolphin stickies clinging on my bedroom ceiling since high school. I loved how, as I turn off my lights, they seem to be swimming around the dark night. I gaze up imagining I was floating with them... wandering off the dark, escaping all gloom 'til these weary eyes tire and kiss off a good night's rest.


    I was damn right excited when pappy broke the news about this Subic adventure last week for fathers' day. Yey, a close dolphin encounter at last!

    The road to Subic was full of misadventures, prolonging the agony of me seeing these beloved sea creatures right before my anxious eyes. But yes, after all the twists and turns, I finally had a touch of them...
     
   
   HappYness!

Comments