Blog... blag!


"You know, some of the good part of blog theory was that blogs would be like diaries that the world could read. They would be spontaneous, whatever pops into your mind, as a diary would be." - Gregg Easterbrook

Project: Live.

Kat wrote in a facebook comment. "We were blogging since 2004-ish? Haha! Yes. Tayo mga nauna sa blogosphere." Oh yes, seven years on August!

I started rankunrou.blogdrive.com some time in 2004, and my very first blog post on August 23, 2004 was a heavy-hearted one. Had it for a year, then transferred to fujin.blogdrive.com where I have written 193 posts for seven long years. I actually had four blogs including these two, but the other two were privately maintained. The first two are still alive but inactive... both containing stories that will form part of memories yet to be erased.

I treated blogging like diary writing... like instead of the classic pen-and-paper-doodling-and-hiding-it-under-the-bed kind of thing, I preferred the modernized, public way of story-telling. What better way to share life experiences? They are often be the best teachers anyway.

I revisited Fujin to check on other bloggers linked on this blog. Out of the 55 that I followed, I found only four whose blog updates were in 2011, and only 1 was updated this June. The rest stopped 2 years ago or less, and their last posts were either due to lack of enthusiasm and, most, had their happy ever afters while I, not having enough, started a new blog. And I promise this will not contain melancholic blog stuff again (...they will remain on my tumblr account, LOL!)

This life has become an open book with a blog... and will remain open until, (1) I lose enthusiasm, to which I dare not do, (2) I have my happy ever after too, to which another blog shall emerge, and (3) I breathe my last breath.

Comments