Reflection 2015: Seventh

     “Yet never have I been bolder or brighter than I am with you. Not once have I ever felt so alive. Whatever vessel we pour ourselves into, mine is now overflowing, brimming with life. It is transcending into something new.”
               Metamorphosis, Lang Leav

Project: Live

     We sat on a pew at the center of the church with mama on my left and you, right. I stole glances of you 'til you caught them, asking why I stared. Nothing. I said nothing. I grinned instead.

     What you did not know was how I looked at you, questioning why I have not known you long before. How could you be so selfless? So patient? So persevering?

     You came at a time when all I became was a terrified cynic. I was hard to convince. And while I flashed my cordial smiles and affable approach to you, there was something left of me I always held back and protected.

     You came at the perfect time when all my hopes were at the brink of breaking. 
You calmed this troubled soul.
You were the cherry to my rhum; you sweetened all that bitterness. 
You saved what was left of my optimism; you made me believe again.

     You caught me. That was the answer.

     I knelt for a prayer full of gratitude for He has blessed me with you - just you - like I always do. You might have been the consolation I finally deserved. 

     I am never used to using superlatives to exaggerate us, but if God-willing, I will love you not only seven months, but seventy times seven times until the day we always wait for shall come.



Comments