Breakaway 2013: I Left My Heart in Baguio

“Some folks call her a runaway. A failure in the race. But she knows where her ticket takes her. She will find her place in the sun”
   ― Tracy Chapman

Project: Pray, Live
 

(This is best read with Yiruma's Kiss the Rain or Armi Millare's An Attempt to Measure Happiness playing on the background, as these were playing on replays as I was writing this blog post. =/)


    The whiff of pine trees in the morning, its crisp, cold air gently caressing my skin, a wide variety of cuisines, and country music serenading taxi passengers are some of the things I love that's unchangeable about Baguio. These keep me coming back and stay apart from reminiscing the ones that made me love this city above the clouds more.

   I went up with the heaviest heart last 19th. I felt nostalgic passing through every spot where some very elating moments were made, but very heartrending at the same time because of the possibilities that these might never happen again. Oh how I wish they could happen again.
   
   To have stayed at a swanky hotel in Leonard Wood for "free" with two great friends were somewhat the icebreaker to this grave distress. I even accomplished a lifelong horseback riding dream, the one galloping around this time. I was ecstatic with gusts of cold wind blowing my hair aback and left me flying. I was flying! Apart from having muscle pains and a bruise still visible on my right ankle thereafter, I flew! This is the kind of gratification I always want to feel, the one that elates me even for a short period of time and never mindful of any pains before, during and after every little accomplishment made.

   After that ride, as we were resting with the horses, I spotted Ketchup Community from a distance. Lumps on my throat started to build up again as a disheartening memory played in my thoughts, but I gathered up every courage left to go in, introduce the place to the friends and have our lunch there. However, at a very unexpected timing, one song previously sung at that place played on the radio. Very perfect timing indeed.

   A short visit to the Pink Sisters Convent has always been a must on each of my Baguio visits. It has always been my place for refuge since time immemorial. But if I have always been praying for myself and the fulfillment of my wishes before, all of my prayers at this recent visit were for the one I cared for the most and lifted all my fate in Him instead of wishing for something for myself this time.

   Like going up, I descended Baguio with a heavy heart. But somehow despite everything, it will always be my second home and second to my most favorite place on earth. Baguio will always find me coming back and forth in it.

   I left my heart in Baguio, and I have nothing left to do but only dream that someday, he will find it again.

Comments

  1. Is it really what I'm thinking? Kwento!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow naman Ms. Karen! May blog ka pala. Parang may something ah? Hehe. Miss ko na kayo pati na ang Baguio. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eunice! Oo, nagme-maintain ako ng blogs since college pa. Malay mo ma-compile ko for my autobiography, hehe. Pasyal uli kayo dito pag may time ha!

      Delete

Post a Comment