Teriyaki Chicken and Eggplant Risotto

Project: Eat, Live


     
     Looking back at the previous entries on this blog, I noticed I have not written about the most important story the stars have written down for me. Then again, why write when this story is something that is forever etched in my memory? :)

     This sums up my February. And half of March. :)


     My fate plays on me on repeats, like this long distance relationship thing. Then again, again, maybe God made me experience failures on the previous ones for me to learn from them. Somehow I believe that this, with all the trust and respect and care and love we both can offer, this, finally, is for keeps.

     On the other note, I have not cooked for the longest time too! This be my pambawi...


Teriyaki Chicken and Eggplant Risotto

chicken breast cut into strips
teriyaki sauce
flour 
oil
garlic, minced
onion, minced
tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
eggplant, sliced
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup chicken stock (I made mine on scratch, but canned ones will do)
1/2 cup water
salt n' pepper
flaked cheddar cheese


   Marinate chicken strips in teriyaki sauce.
   On a deep skillet, coat each chicken strip on flour and fry. Set aside. Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes. Add in eggplant slices and rice and stir til coated. Add back chicken strips, chicken stock, water, salt and pepper and let simmer until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. Add more water if dry. Sprinkle in cheese, stir and simmer til cheese melts.

Comments

  1. oh yumyum this looks great! thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment