The Amateur's Kitchen - No-bake Mini Blueberry Cheesecake

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”
      ~ Miriam Beard

Project: Eat





     Baguio was such a serene sight as I ascended Thursday night for another monthly one-day audit. Bright yellow lights from little houses and buildings atop these mountains mixed with the dark night sky, creating the most eye-catching Indigo I have ever seen.

     I always love Friday Baguio audits. They give me chances of staying there for the weekend and gallivant around its busy streets, catching on the latest quaint restos and do my food-binging project. Or doing a little night market shopping along Harrison Road's stretch and get hold of the cheapest treasures I can ever find. Or visiting the Pink Sisters Convent as I always do during Baguio visits, and if lucky enough, chancing upon the Pink-dressed nuns singing their vespers as Mr. Sun kisses the mountaintops goodnight. The tone of their voices and intimate prayers make my visits more meaningful. Or just enjoying its cozy cold weather, that which makes me stay crawled up on the softest comforter-covered beds 'til check-out time. Ah, I can talk about this city above the clouds all day.

     Going back to the Indigo-colored night sky, this made me crave for one of my most favorite desserts of all time - Blueberry Cheesecakes! That Indigo color reminds me of this luxurious, succulent dessert, like creamy white clouds smothered with gooey sweet purple blueberry syrup adorned with blueberry jewels lighting up the night sky... And so as soon as Ate Rosie and I touched down, we had dinner at Vizco's in Session Road - this, which serves the most succulent Blueberry Cheesecakes I have ever tasted so far.

     I can't get enough of it again. With the knowledge I had back in college where I last made my no-bake cheesecake, I took a shot on it just to stop the drooling! (Or extend it, must I say!)


No-bake Mini Blueberry Cheesecake

1 pack crusted grahams
melted butter
1 block cream cheese, softened
sugar
nutmeg or cinnamon
a teaspoon of lemon or calamansi juice
1 can whipping cream
1 canned blueberries in syrup

     In a bowl, combine crusted grahams and melted butter to bind. Mash well. Texture should be moist and balls can be formed.

     Line each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan with cling wraps. Fill each cup with enough crust mixture and press down to make the crust. Chill for at least 30 minutes to an hour to harden.

     In a mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and nutmeg and beat until soft and fluffy. On a separate mixing bowl, whip cream until stiff. Fold in whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Then fold in 3 tablespoons of blueberries just enough to make a marbled color of purple and white.
    
     Fill each crusted muffin cups with the cream cheese filling. Chill in the freezer until set.

     Remove each mini cake from the muffin pan and top with the remaining blueberries with syrup.

Comments

Post a Comment