The Amateur's Kitchen - Tuna Alfredo on Trivelle


"I don't feel a lack of hope. It's just disappointment that after all these years we're still fighting meaningless wars for a handful of people."
     ~ Geezer Butler

Project: Eat, Pray, Live




     The night is disappointing as well as confusing.

     I skipped a novena mass today which was supposed to be my fourth out of nine just to cook for a long expected visitor who has not come. Full of leftovers, Kim and I will be at a worry finishing them all up before the 'rents arrive. A bottle of frozen Mudshake, a miniscule Chinese bowl of this Alfredo, and this tiny netbook is keeping me company for the rest of the night.

     For some reason, I think little by little my novena requests are giving me answers to all the questions I have been praying clarity for. Somehow this be my biggest problem to date - "fighting meaningless wars" for people who don't even need them anyway.

     So here I go disappointed again, but because of previous, heavier disappointments, I managed laughing it out instead. Somehow, four cans of Red Horse are still waiting frozen in the fridge waiting for someone to consume them.

     In the middle of this disappointment, I had a real meaningful 9 pm to past 12 am conversation with Kuya Edmar about his success-and-failures story. Somehow, of all motivating words uttered, this line of his struck me and got me teary-eyed:

"pero mas madalas ko iniisip ang impact ng gagawin ko kasi may pamilya ako na maaapektuhan pag mali ang desisyon ko..."

...to which I also did at the time I had to hardly choose between a former friend and the family who needed me more one year ago. Oh how difficult and depressing the choosing was!

     Anyway, since the invitation was rush, here goes a rush recipe of this dinner I cooked.



Tuna Alfredo on Trivelle

Pasta Trivelle
1/4 block of butter
cloves of garlic, minced
red bell pepper, diced
1 can flaked tuna in oil, drained
cream
milk
garlic powder
nutmeg

salt n' pepper
grated cheese


Cook pasta according to package directions.

On a skillet, saute in minced garlic in butter. Add in red bell peppers and cook. Stir in tuna flakes. Slowly add milk and cream, stirring constantly until butter and cream are incorporated. Sprinkle in garlic powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Mix in trivelle on sauce. Garnish with grated cheese.

Comments