Back in the days when greetings meant letters, not FB wall posts

"Breathe deeply from this envelope it smells like you and I can't be without that scent. It's filling me with all you mean to me. "
       ~ Living in your letters, Dashboard Confessional


Project: Live

     I was looking for a certain old picture in my old shoe box of stuff when I chanced upon these old letters that dates back to high school and college years. For a moment there they excite me! They took me down memory lane...




...when hallmark cards, or even cardboards made into one, were common gifts...



...when fancy stationary - these scented papers, were the "it" thing...

...when all that creative juices just pour in on you when relevant hallmark cards are nowhere to be found...


...when you just have to blurt out all that joy and pain and animosity that intermediate pads will always do (pardon for the browned ripped ones, they are too old)...


...or anything. Just anything.

     I am not fond of material gifts, nor did I enjoy receiving them. But if I were given gifts, I find letters the sincerest of them all. It is with all the words - all the heartfelt greetings that overwhelm me. And with all the material gifts given, these were the only ones that stayed.

Comments