The Amateur's Kitchen - Chicken Burger on Pesto Trivelle

Project: Eat







    I have the house on solo for the night. Sad, quiet night. But I'd rather stay here than squeeze myself on shared beds in Baguio - where all the house people are right now. So instead of over-thinking again and laying down and hardly lulling myself to sleep, I do some cooking again.



    I do a basil-parsley pesto the rough, manual style. Knives and scissors and manual grinder and mortar and pestle are my good ol' weapons! 


    Guess I'm no modern girl after all. Ah, excercise!




    But my little crooked right pinky finger wasn't saved. Hay, I'll add up one keloid on my fragile skin again.






Pesto


Crushed Garlic
Sugar
Salt
Pepper
Chopped Basil Leaves
Chopped Parsley Leaves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Ground Toasted Cashew nuts
Lemon or Calamansi Juice (to which I forgot to add ay naku!)




Start on crushing a few cloves of garlic with sugar, salt and pepper on a mortar and pestle. Add in basil and parsley leaves and grind. Sprinkle a dash of olive oil, then add in cheese and cashew nuts. Continue grinding while adding a dash of lemon juice and olive oil until desired consistency/texture is achieved.




Chicken Burger on Pesto Trivelle


Pasta Trivelle
One Chicken Burger Patty
Olive Oil
Chopped Garlic
Chopped Nuts of your choice
Pesto
Parmesan Cheese




Cook pasta according to package directions.


On a pan, pan-grill burger patty until browned. Save drippings.


Brown chopped garlic on patty drippings. Toast in chopped cashew nuts. Add in pesto 'til fragrant. Toss in cooked pasta and mix to coat.





















Comments