Confucius confused

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
                    ~ Confucius 

Project: Live


     I spent the whole day locked up in my bedroom today. This solitary confinement is rather on the literal part only. Thanking the invention that is Wi-Fi, I am transported to a whole new world that is social networking. 


     Ah, the goodness-slash-downside of isolation - a lot of things popped from my little head today. One of it is contemplating on something that I used to love.


     I joined a two-manned defense panel yesterday for my friend Jeff's Students' presentation of programs they developed through Microsoft Access for their Accounting Information Systems subject. Pretty much, I went empty-handed and was not ready on scrutinizing these kids' works. Turned out that I unconsciously burned 5 out of ten groups, 4 of which were on the verge, and 1 whose program stood out without question.


     It was a first-time stint, that joining a panel. It was the first time that I enjoyed a task. It was the first time that I felt so confident on a "job" related to something I love - programming. I felt my self-esteem boost up... something I never felt since I entered San Miguel.


     How I wish I was still on it when all that program logic tangled my little brains up. The enthusiastic feeling of solving cases, generating tables and forms and formulating queries was a drug I can't get over especially when the program actually worked! Ah, this panel discussion brought me back to my school days when all the computer subjects were easy-A, modesty aside. 


     Gah, why didn't I push through with IT back in college days! (sad face)


     After the defense, Jeff offered me to take the instructing part-time, 5 p.m.


     I wanted to. How I wanted it so bad, but here I am tied up between reality and a fantasy just like where I was when I had to choose a course in college. Oh how can I combine you two? I am desperate!


     Confucius, your words, you do make me confused.

Comments